Sunday, May 13, 2018

Then Came You by Becky Wade (A Bradford Novella)






This novella!  Oh wow! I have not loved a novella like this in a long, long time!
Garner's character is swiftly developed but you feel a deep kinship with him, even though it is quick.  Through his journal entries you understand his thoughts and actions and the things that happen to him.
Kathleen is a spunky and yet winsome character who also grows through the years the novella passes through. 

I wasn't sure about the book being written through letters but Becky Wade did such an amazing job that I truly felt I knew these characters.  This made me eager to read the series that comes after it. 

After I read the book I was able to listen to it an audio.  What a treat!  The voice for Garner was perfection.  He was what I imagined him to be and his voice  made the novella even more engaging.
Kathleen's voice I felt grew on you as you got to know her more and she too matched the character that Becky Wade had written for us. 

I cannot tell you how much I loved this novella!

No comments:

Post a Comment