Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Nothing to Prove: Why We Can Stop Trying So Hard by Jennie Allen



I read Jennie Allen's book Anything a few years ago.  And it was at a pivotal time for me and I felt that God used Jennie's words to speak to me.

That is almost identical to what happened when I read this book, Nothing to Prove.  Recently I feel that I have been striving to have God listen.  To be good enough to make Him hear me.  But it doesn't feel like it is working.  And then I read Nothing to Prove.

I don't know what you are going through right now, but somehow I can bet that you might be tired.  Tired of drama, work, kids, marriage, of trying and trying and trying. 

This book is for you.  Jennie writes with honesty and beauty but she also will challenge you as she loves you. Isn't that the kind of friend we all want?  One that loves us where we are but won't leave us there?

Are you ready to move beyond yourself but to do it in a way that isn't exhausting?  I am but I had no idea what that would look like.  My plate is already so full. 

This book is for you.  As you walk through the reflection questions that Jennie gives you she takes you to the feet of Jesus where you can hear His voice saying, "Abide in Me."  And then...page by page you find you are abiding and your heart and creativity have wings to see what God has for you to do.

I know my review isn't going to do justice to the profound beauty and impact of the book, but I hope it helps you want to read it. 

I've pre-ordered several copies for friends and I know this will be a book I keep stocked to hand out to others.  It's that powerful.

You should read it.  I am so thankful I did.

I received this book from the publishers. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment