Monday, July 6, 2015

The Awakening by K. E. Ganshert



From the publisher:
Tess Eckhart isn't crazy. She's not suffering from psychosis. She and Luka Williams are
part of The Gifting. Before they can find out what that means, the man
with all the answers turns up dead. The only thing he left behind? A few
patient files that lead to the nation's most lawless city. 

With authorities chasing them, Luka and Tess escape into the very heart of
peril and against all odds, find an underground community of people just
like them. They aren't gathered together for the sole purpose of
survival, either. They have a plan and a purpose--to awaken as many
people with The Gifting as possible. It's dangerous and deadly work.
Tess wants to help. Luka is desperate to keep her safe--a task that
proves increasingly difficult as Tess's gifting comes to light.

Could Tess Eckhart be the One they've been waiting for? The One who can save them all?

_______________________

This second book in The Gifting series was even more amazing than the first.  This book is packed with action and leaves you wishing you had the third book right away.  You definitely must read the first book in the series and after reading the first two I can guarantee you will be dying to read the last one!  

K. E. Ganshert breathes so much life into these characters that you feel invested in them and their survival.  You find yourself gripping your book and turning the pages as fast as you can.  I was conflicted as I read because I wanted to read faster and faster, yet I knew that I'd have to wait for the third book, so I tried to read slower, but I couldn't!  It is that good.  Once you begin reading you won't want to put it down!

As I think back on the book I am blown-away by the depth of the character development, especially with Tess and Luka.  Of course we know them from the first book, but in The Awakening there is so much more.  I don't want to give too much away but there are times where Tess has to focus on other characters in the book and as she thinks about the details of the different people it really highlights their characters and how Tess feels about them.  It is an ingenious way of "show and not tell" for writing.  Ganshert shows us the relationships through Tess's experience.

This series could easily be made into a movie that everyone would want to see.  In this book there is friendship, family, love, sacrifice, suspense, and things that will give you chills.  After reading this book I wondered what my dreams would be like. :) 

 It is the type of book that permeates your thinking so you find yourself going back to the story in your mind over and over again.  To me that is a sign of a great book.

I can't wait for the third one!  

I highly recommend this book to others.  



No comments:

Post a Comment